Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ladies and gentlemen...this is the moment I've been waiting for...I'm so happy to report that I am fully funded as of this morning!

I've been hovering at 98% for WEEKS now. Not a bad place to be stuck and I'm thankful that I was able to be stuck there, but what a joy and relief to finally be able to see that number hit 100%! In the midst of the economic downturn, this has happened. God is so faithful and I am in awe of the people he used to get me to this point. Some I've known my entire life and some I met just a few months ago. I'm supported by people all over not just the country, but the world!  

I started a cross country road trip (literally. San Diego to New York with many stops along the way...) on May 6, the day after attending Mexican Medical's 50th anniversary celebration as their newest missionary. It was such an exciting way to start this fundraising journey. 165 days later (including 3 and a half months of working full time at the MMM office/Gabriel House), this day has finally come!

I am so overwhelmed as I think back to all the appointments I had, all the individuals/churches/small groups I got to talk to, and all of the people that are now part of my team - not only financially, but also prayerfully. I'm excited to keep doing what I've been doing and let God lead me as I work with MMM and the sweet children at Gabriel House. 

How fitting that as the holiday season is upon us (too soon?! sorry) I am giving thanks over and over again for YOU and also to our Savior who has allowed me to get to this point. 

Not to us, O LORD, not to us, but to your name goes all the glory for your unfailing love and faithfulness.
- Psalm 115:1 



MexMed's wall of missionaries and my business card!

No comments:

Post a Comment