Wednesday, November 11, 2009

whew. today was just...one of those days. one of those days when you find yourself wondering what you have gotten yourself into and why. i suppose i should be glad thats it's the middle of november and this is the first why-do-i-love-teaching-again? days.
the kids were off, my patience was low, and it was just a hard day. i know tomorrow will be better. even with the hardest days, i'm thankful for them because they make the good days that much better.

after preschool i went to the big house to hang out with the kids who i know love me :) whenever anyone takes blanca out of her wheelchair, she gets to excited. she just loves to be held. not even held, just with someone. she was perfectly happy sitting in my lap while i played with the ball with thelma. i sent jaime flying through the air on my feet...pretty sure he's never done that before. he wasn't quite sure what was going on at first but started laughing and didn't stop until i put him down. he has the best laugh. i was holding thelma - she's a lot like blanca and loves loves loves to be held and cuddled - and i kissed her a couple times on the cheek. i was watching jaime play and felt something on my cheek...thelma kissed me! i made her do it again to make sure she wasn't trying to bite me or eat my cheek hahaha. it was SO PRECIOUS! those kids, man, have so much love. whether it's in their laugh, smile, or kiss, i just can't get enough of it.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh love is good.....i met a 4 year old that had whatever the brothers have in the DR- he was thrashing a lot and agitated- he was a big boy for his age and his mama was carrying him since he doesnt have a wheelchair- i went over to him and started singing "Alabare" and as I sang he started to relax and soften...we made eye contact and it was magical....not a dry eye around us- we laid hands on him and prayed- I told his mother we would find him a wheelchair- I did already!! God is good!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive