Thursday, February 4, 2010

well, the cars are a no go, at least for this week. they're doing something in ensenada on sunday to help one of the guys whose son is in the hospital. he asked me to come back next week to plan a time for them to come, because they want to be able to bring the really nice cars from ensenada and a snack for the kids. he kept saying they want to do it the right way. so nice! i hope he follows through...the kids will LOVE it.

this afternoon i went to maricruz's house for a party. she works here and invited me a while ago...i totally forgot about until i asked someone this morning and found out it was today! she's a single mom with 5 kids and lives in a 2 room house with no electricity. we got there at about 5, and she goes oh no! everyone just left because it was getting dark and we don't have electricity! it was a little awkward at first but after her kids realized i spoke spanish they were hanging all over me. literally. one was playing with my hair, one was sitting on my lap, one was holding my hand, and the other two were sitting at the table telling me jokes. it was hilarious. they kept asking me to take them to the states until i explained how much snow we have in new york. it's so fun - i used to be able to only ask kids how their name, how old they were, and if they had brothers and sisters or not. now i get to tell jokes with them! except i need to learn more...i only know one.
what did one traffic light say to the other?
turn around; i'm going to change! hahahaha

2 comments:

  1. pretty awesome- especially the part where you say " I speak spanish!"
    cAn you send me the picture of you and Rocio? wanna put it in the visitor and cant locate it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way- Rocios testimony is incredible- I couldnt read it through all at one time...very emotional for me and wow shes a good writer!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive