Friday, August 14, 2009

allworship.com...24/7 worship music in SPANISH! score.

hanna, the summer intern from baylor university, is leaving today. she spent most of the summer in the preschool and just showed me a TON of stuff that i can use with the kids in the big house. i'm really excited. there's craft type stuff, communication tools, tons of boardmaker pictures, and lots more. it will be great.

i spent time loving on the kids today which was so great. i held thelma, angelico, eymi, and mimi for most of the day! it was wonderful. jamie is still perfectly happy reading a book and playing with a mirror for hours. every time i walk into the room, and i mean every time, sonja lifts her hand up and points to the books. success! she loves to be read to, and wants to turn each page herself.

i talked with one of the workers today, which was great. they speak so DANG fast. i guess i'm used to people who know i can't really speak spanish and purposely slow down and speak
simply. these ladies, i mean, seriously, it's really hard to understand some of them. but it was nice to have a conversation, more or less.

i took this picture from becky...it's ely and sonja on the way to the beach. these girls smile all the time and are always so happy, but i have never, ever seen them smile like this. i wish i could have been here for beach day!


well, i'm off to the mexican circus with becky and angelica! this will be interesting. have a good weekend!

10 comments:

  1. hi,hilary,aunt harriet is teaching me to get your blog.it's great! praying for you.loveyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a good weekend too, my dear! Do you have all day Saturday and Sunday to do whatever? Like hold the baby? Love, your potatoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. ELY and SONJA! my favorite girls...I love that they recognize me when I see them and give me the love from those amazing smiles!! I dont even think they know my name! I never told them and now I want you to tell them I say hi and i love them and cant wait to "dance" with them again!
    "Dont pet any wild monekys" David nieves
    Es Terminado...
    te quiero,
    Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh yay gma! you are so high tech. i love it.

    yes mom all day long. can't wait.

    lourdes they definitely know who you are. i asked them earlier this week if they remembered the leader of our group who spoke spanish and they told me yes. and i told them you love each of them very much and they smiled super big! i'll show them a picture of you sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ely will be featured in the message tomorrow. I look at her every time I am on the eliptical. you are taking on the giants hil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hil, do you haave a mailing address??
    ENJOY this beautiful day that the Lord has made! I miss Jack..I miss Mexico I miss even those darn spiders and snakes...having trouble adjusting this time....I miss Rocio I miss you! and Meghan! I never see her....Text Rocio make sure she goes to churcho! Tell her i love her too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw dad, you made me cry. taking on the giants is my 'make a dent.'

    yes lourdes, it's the mexmed office.
    hilary-gabriel house
    7850 lester ave
    lemon grove, ca 91945

    come down in november! becky won't be here so there will be a bed at gh and some of our friends will be at thanksgiving camp...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well-- im going to Cali in OCtober and then up to visit Pat in Seatlle in the hospital...I go to the DR in November...idk- maybe january....idk- i have to make money somehow-- this Mike drogue thing isnt panning out...I have to use my frequent fliers or im losing them so hence the oct trip- i learned my lesson by losing 50,000 miles a few yers back!! ouch! SO im waiting for another blog update! I love them!!
    PS- im considering Andrew for Barnabas.. brennan was going but his spring break wont pan out so ANdrew was my #2 choice..i know hes young but hes exactly what we need for the team...friendly , willing to help and not afraid! Oh and hes a pretty spiritual guy...there were no others on the MO09 or even MO08 that stick out to me...ok im blabbing! HOping to spend time with sarah next week!
    Saludos a mis amigos cuando los ves manana....

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS- no more thanksgiving camps in Ensenada....only in Mexicali..dont know why..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post - boardmaker pictures ..Keep Posting


    Ron
    boardmaker pictures

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive