Tuesday, August 18, 2009

today was great! the dental team got here at about 9 and they brought a ton of people. the dentist's office was an old rv that has been converted into an office with two dentist chairs and all the tools and stuff. it was awesome! the kids did great and most of them were really proud to show off their clean teeth. only a few kids had to be anesthetized, which is always good.

one of the guys who came played guitar and he and sergio hit it off...they jammed all day. a lot of mexican women were with the dental team as well and they were great with the kids - they played with them all day long. i wasn't quite sure what to do with myself! it was really good, though, i got to work with kids that i don't usually have the chance to be with.

i finally met jan, who i've been talking to ever since i sent that first email to ted and renie way back in october. it was great to meet her, and i'm looking forward to talking to her more at the staff retreat in a week. becky and i are taking a bus down to san vincente to meet up with the rest of the mexmed staf for a couple days.

eymi puked on me after lunch, and the first day i was here nay nay peed on me. i'm waiting for someone to somehow get poop on me to complete the triangle. ha!

before the dental team left, one of the doctors brought out his guitar and we sang some songs in spanish and english. the boys wanted todopoderoso, and teddy sang it at the top of his lungs. the ladies asked for nina de tus ojos because the sisters love that song. they REALLY love it. they smiled through the whole thing and chely laughed when i sang it to her at dinner. i'm sure it's because of my amazing voice...
it was so cool to sing with the ladies and have all of the kids together, and all of them so happy. i felt like a part of something so much bigger than just me. i hope we have more moments like that!

a few pictures and a video of sergio from t0day

9 comments:

  1. Great pics and video, Hil...it makes GH seem so close, I can hardly believe you're thousands of miles away. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos, Hil, makes me want to spend time again in Mexico. Maybe one of these years.... Finally dug down deep enough in my book storage boxes to find my English to Spanish stuff. I'll ask your Mom if she thinks you could use them.

    Love, Gma BE (mother of one of your potatoes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom is right Hil, I feel like I am so close!
    Hey remember to answer my questions woman!!! i asked you a few things..re Rocio etc...kinda need to know asap re her school and money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah mom this would be a lot harder without skype and the internet! tell sarah to fix the webcam...

    ooh yay gma! so glad you're reading. nice signature hahahaha

    lourdes - check your dang email. i have answered everyone of your questions...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry hil, I guess it all went to my gmail that i never check....i should have known better!
    Your Gma is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every day is a new adventure for you, Hil, and I love reading about it! Thanks for sharing. Love, B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you forgot to mention you video chatted with me..its fine, just dont let it happen again :-)

    i love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well i sat next to a live Meghan and touched her....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilary great blog, photos and video- this is so fun and encouraging to read. Sounds like an INCREDIBLE experience! I'm praying for you!!!

    Julie VanLaan

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive