Friday, August 7, 2009

i'm here! and so tired :)
the team dropped me off around lunchtime and i spent the rest of the day with the younger kids and hannah, a summer missionary from baylor. she's awesome and has already told me a lot of stuff i need to know. she works with kids with aids and hiv, down's, and some other minor disabilities. we went to el poblano for dinner...the original! moo9 peeps you know what that means. it was quite possibly better than #2, even though that will always hold a special place in my heart.

as the team was saying goodbye and i waved to a sobbing meghan and teary lourdes, i turned around to walk to my room. there was a song i could hear in the preschool room...and it was mighty to save, in spanish. i knew right then, once again, that everything was going to be just fine.

i am so excited to be here. i don't know what i'll be doing for the year, but hopefully i'll get a chance to talk to renie, one of the directors, tomorrow about some specifics. oh and teddy's brother is here now too, and he's TWO MONTHS OLD. i certainly know what i'll be doing on my days off...

david from kid's camp gave me a cell phone which has already been a huge blessing, and paco from kid's camp came with us today to see where gabriel house is so he can pick me up to hang. he kept telling me he's my big brother and he wants to be there if i need anything. pastor candy told me no boyfriends, no beach, and no going into the city alone, and adriana and dalia called me today to ask how my first day went. al and rosa have been so hospitable and so many other people too. it is wonderful to have so many awesome people close to me in mexico!

4 comments:

  1. HIL!! ay ay ay fue dificil pero- estas donde Dios te quiere....I wonder what you are doing today!! and where the heck is Poblano 1??????? Love you and send you blessings! Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your adventure is beginning! Pastor Candy sounds like a wise man - listen to him! You are in my prayers - can't wait to see what God has planned for you and these children you are serving. Love, Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's get poor Pastors name right! its Cande- short for Candelario! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. hilary, we are so proud of you and we are praying for you! yes...nothing like rocking babies, certainly gives perspective on what is really important....sort of like nothing else REALLY matters! your faith sounds so strong. I can only imagine it will continue to grow by leaps and bounds with each new experience. we love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive