Monday, September 28, 2009

i was walking up on my way to school this morning and i passed luis bracing himself again the shed where we keep the diapers (except we haven't had any diapers). he couldn't close the door because it was so full! we got a donation over the weekend and now we have a shed full of diapers. awesome.

chuy was back for school today and it went really well. he did math with the kids, which was great, and he did a really good job with it. he was praising the kids, working closely with them at their individual level, and kept the pace moving. i don't know how much of it was purposeful and how much he just did, but either way, it was really great. the kids responded well, too.

our afternoon class was fun - we've been using the wagon to go for walks for the last ten minutes or so of class. we sing songs together or practice counting as we walk. the kids love it and it's fun for me, too, plus it's a way to keep them all together and under control!

after school i went to the big house - i feel like i haven't been there in forever! i read to sonia and ely for awhile while jaime rolled around with his leg braces on and jose ramon kept trying to take sonja's sweatshirt off. it been really exciting for me to keep getting to know the kids in the big house. except for the sisters, none of them can talk or really communicate at all, but they each have their own personality, likes and dislikes, and needs and wants. it's totally different from the kids i spent most of my day with in school, but it's awesome and really special.

talked to my family, meghan, and lourdes tonight! great way to end the day :)

1 comment:

  1. hi hilary. this is max.
    ok, now this is Lourdes!LOL.. But Max told me to tell you that he wants to come visit you sometime!He asked me why you were in Mexico and I explained you were a misionary, and how missionaries go to other countries etc and he says " Mima you are a missionary too!"
    I read him your blog a lot....
    SO IT WAS so great to talk to you! I cant believe we talked for an hour! Great to catch up and get all the details. I will make that deposit today for Rocio. See if you can manage a photo WITH the kids so I can send it to Pat...
    Have a great great week!
    Love always,
    Lourdes

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive